Dealing with sensitive skin? Then you must be very careful when choosing any cosmetic products, because they can cause unpleasant reactions on your skin.
Although many people with sensitive skin or suffering from dermatitis prefer to buy pharmaceutical products, they should be aware because many of these products are not as great as they seem.
Since forever, when dealing with sensitive skin you need cosmetic products with neutral pH such as natural products…and many over-the-counter pharmaceutical products are not so natural. Therefore, the best solution is to prepare your own cosmetic products.
Well, I’m a natural born sensitive skin person and there is no moisturizer on the market that I haven’t tried and failed. Still, the best solution I found for my skin type was on the internet: a soap which is great for any person dealing with sensitive skin and even for babies. Also, those suffering from dermatitis can try this homemade soap successfully.
This soap can be used to cleanse your skin every evening before going to bed. Why using all sort of cleansing products when you can easily wash your face with a natural soap and remove all dirt and pollutants accumulated during the day. As a matter of fact this soap does not contain any sulfates, alcohol or synthetic perfumes.
To prepare this soap for dermatitis and sensitive skin, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 glycerin tablet
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- 2 tablespoons of almond oil
- 2 spoonful of white, pink and red powdered clay
- 15 drops of essential lavender oil
Now, follow these steps:
- Melt the glycerin and cocoa butter in Bain-Marie.
- Once the mixture has a liquid texture, leave everything to simmer on low heat and add the almond oil and powdered clay.
- Mix well, take the pot off the fire and add the essential lavender oil.
- Pour the mixture into a soap shape or any other shape.
- Once the mixture has cooled, the soap is ready to use!