Let me tell you a little story. Grandma is 76 years old and has her sanity checked. Struggling with arthritis for almost 30 years, she tried all sort of remedies to keep this condition under control. The pain is excruciating, but still has that smile upon her face every time she sees us.
Although her sanity is checked, I heard grandma talking with my mother about piano lessons. Well, 76 is not that far to start learning again, but why piano? And since when grandma has a passion for music?
Actually, grandma had a medical recommendation to keep her hand arthritis under control by taking piano lessons. Well, that’s amazing! Playing the piano and alleviating hand arthritis pain at the same time is quite something.
Since this disease runs the family I think I’ll join grandma for piano lessons.
Alongside with piano lessons, grandma is trying hard to get rid of arthritis pain by applying some folk remedies. Actually, she joined a small elderly community where people talk and use different remedies to alleviate their conditions. Grandma’s got style!
- Ice your affected joints right after doing an activity. Don’t allow them to become inflamed.
- Use Capsaicin Cream – you can find it in drug stores or you can prepare your own at home.
- Increase the amount of fish in your diet or take fish oil pills.
- Pack a small jar with golden raisins and cover them with gin. Eat nine raisins every morning, squeezing the extra gin back in the jar.
- Bee-vemon contains anti-inflammatory peptides that act against the pain and inflammation of your arthritis. If you’re allergic to bees, do not use this remedy without the supervision of a doctor.
- Hand exercises have proven to be extremely effective for hand arthritis. So, try the below program.