The use of oatmeal masks and oat-based products to treat acne have become popular in recent years. You can use colloidal oatmeal, which is simply rolled oats transformed into a fine powder, as a facial scrub. Or you can cook some oatmeal and apply it directly on your face.
– rolled oats
– colloidal oatmeal
– coffee mill
– soft cloth
– distilled water
– food and fresh vegetables
1. Prepare large amounts of colloidal oatmeal grinding the rolled oats into a fine powder using a grinder. Dissolve the colloidal oatmeal in warm water and apply the solution on the affected areas. Gently dry your skin with a soft cloth, taking care not to scratch or irritate your skin.
2. Cook oatmeal to treat your acne, following the package instructions. Let it cool slightly and apply it as a face mask. Let it dry until it becomes slightly crusty on the surface, then rinse the mask with warm water.
3. Use oatmeal as a facial scrub to treat your acne. Simply mix raw oats with enough warm water. Apply the oatmeal on your face and rub with a soft cloth in the same manner as you would with any other cleanser.
4. Treat your acne with oats as part of a comprehensive treatment program that uses natural remedies. You should drink at least 8-10 glasses of 8 ounces (250 cc) of distilled water daily, and eat lots of fruit and fresh vegetables. This will help detoxify your body from the bacteria that cause acne.
5. Apply the oatmeal mask and the cleaning procedures at least twice a day to treat acne effectively. Eating an extra potion of oatmeal in the morning certainly would not hurt.