The tea tree oil is obtained from the leaves of the Australian tree Melaleuca alternafolia and has a very strong aroma, very similar to the eucalyptus. This oil is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal agent that not only helps prevent scarring before they happen, but also promotes regeneration of the skin to help treat scars and even older acne.
– natural tea tree oil soap
– tea tree oil
– aromatic lavender oil
– aloe vera gel
– nylon stocking (optional)
– oatmeal (optional)
– milk powder (optional)
1. Choose a natural tree oil soap for everyday use. Be sure to wash areas affected by acne twice daily with warm water and then gently pat dry applying both to combat future outbreaks as to promote the growth of healthy skin.
2. Mix pure tea tree oil with water and produce a toner to help your skin to remove excess oil and kill bacteria that cause acne, which sometimes remain after washing. Mix 1 part oil to 3 parts water and apply lightly with a cotton ball on the affected areas. For best results, use your toner after every time you wash your skin.
3. Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil with 5 of aromatic lavender oil per 1/4 cup aloe vera gel to make your own healing skin moisturizer. Since tea tree oil is very powerful, moisturizing and regenerating power of aloe vera is a great way to moisturize the skin without adding oils that cause acne. Apply the gel and oil mixture evenly over the affected area with acne and scars after washing and toning the area.
4. Dive into a bath of tea tree 2 or 3 times a week to help treat larger areas of the body affected by acne and scars. Prepare a bath of warm water and add 20 to 30 drops of tea tree oil. If you are prone to dry skin, you could add to the bathroom a nylon stocking with 1 cup of oatmeal and / or 1 cup of milk. Leave this to soak for 15 to 20 minutes and apply the mixture of aloe vera and oil after drying off.
Image Credits: WiseGeek