We often want to stay away from the pain but we have to realize that pain is an essential ally for preserving health – a signal that is extremely necessary to understand that there is something wrong with our body. One of the most common pains is headaches or migraines. If you’re facing with a headache and you don’t want to take painkillers and the situation seems hopeless, well the following acupressure technique has proven to be very effective.
How to get rid of headaches with the acupressure technique
First, sit in a comfortable position and relax. The massage doesn’t last long – between 30 seconds and 1 minute. Use gentle circular movements. Pain usually disappears during the massage or 5-10 minutes afterwards.
There are six points that help you get rid of headache:
1. The point of the third eye or Yintang lies between the eyebrows, where the root of the nose meets the forehead. This point is also responsible for eliminating eye fatigue.
2. These symmetrical points are located at the base of the inner margins of the eyebrows. Massaging this area also helps to get rid of runny nose and improves visual acuity. Massage for one minute, pressing or using circular movements.
3. These points are located in the lateral sides of the eyes. To find them, look for some dimples at the bottom of the cheekbones. Helps to unclog sinuses, reduces headaches and toothaches.
4. These points are located behind the head, between the ears and the end of the spine. Massaging them helps to relieve nasal congestion, eye and ear pain or severe headaches and migraines!
5. Shuai gu points are located 2-3 cm from the hairline, in the temples area. To find them, look for some small dimples. The pressure applied here calms the pain in the temporal region and eyes fatigue.
6. These symmetrical points are located on the back of your palms between the thumb and index finger. The pressure applied here soothes the back pain, toothaches and tension in the neck muscles.
Image Credits: Theconversation