A filiform wart is a common type of wart caused by making contact with HPV (human papilloma virus). Filiform warts are usually long and thin. They can occur anywhere on the body, but usually they appear on the face or neck area, and the action of removing them becomes a real challenge.
There are many treatments to get rid of this type of warts. If a filiform wart appear on your face, you should be careful which home remedies you use, since many products and herbs can burn or irritate the skin.
– a raw potato
– adhesive strips
1. Take a fresh raw potato. Potassium and other nutrients from potatoes are absorbed into the skin and act against the HPV.
2. Cut the potato into thin small pieces, but large enough to cover the wart.
3. Apply some petroleum jelly on the skin around the wart. This will protect healthy skin to be irritated due treatment.
4. Gently rub the surface of the wart with a disposable nail file. This will help the wart accept the treatment with least resistance.
5. Apply a piece of potato on the wart and secure it with an adhesive strip. Let it act overnight. Repeat this treatment for 7-10 days or until the wart disappears.