How to get rid of a toothache that attacks us in the middle of the night? Well, keep reading this article and find out the antiseptic that should never be missing from your house. Toothache pains at night are extremely unpleasant given the pharmacies are closed and the dentist is not available to make a program. To decrease the pain, even for a few hours, you can apply several first-aid measures that are handy.
A first measure you can take when your teeth hurt you is to rinse your mouth with a glass of lukewarm water in which you dissolve a teaspoon of salt. You can also use dental floss to remove food debris from your teeth.
According to dentists, in case they can not get to a dental office as soon as possible, patients can apply an antiseptic containing benzocaine directly to the affected tooth to temporarily diminish the intensity of the pain. Under no circumstances should aspirin or other soothing agents be applied directly to the gum, as it may cause a slight burning of the gingival tissue.
Cloves oil, very effective for a toothache.
Cloves oil is very effective in the case of a toothache. You should put some oil on the tooth with problems. Cloves oil has remarkable antibacterial properties and also has a calming effect, which is why it is used as a remedy for a toothache (contains eugenol, a chemical compound that acts as a local anesthetic).
And the ice is very useful if you have a toothache and you can not go to a doctor. Put an ice cube in a plastic bag, wrap the bag with a thin cloth and then hold the ice for a quarter of an hour on the painful tooth to anesthetize the nerves. When the nerves of the fingers send the cold signal to the brain, it may overcome in importance the pain signals coming from the teeth.
You can also try a very simple acupuncture technique and if applied correctly it works in most cases. Using your thumb, tap the point on the back of your left hand where your thumb and forefinger meet. Apply pressure in this place for two minutes, and you will help trigger release of endorphins that will relieve pain.
Until you get to your dentist, you can try several natural remedies that will temporarily calm your pain. But do not forget that these remedies will not solve your dental problem, but they will just calm your pain for a short time.
– Take a cotton pad soaked in vanilla or cognac essence and press it against the sick tooth.
– Another natural remedy is garlic. Clean a garlic clove and press it on the tooth. Garlic juice is a natural and effective anesthetic that acts immediately. If you get used to eating fresh, raw garlic every morning, your teeth will harden and will not be so sensitive in cold weather or in sweet foods.
– Onion has the same properties and is excellent for strengthening the teeth. Chew for three minutes a day, and the pain will get you around.
– Lemon is an important source of vitamin C, but also a good remedy for teeth affected by improper diet. For both a toothache and health, wash your mouth with the lemon juice in the morning as soon as you wake up. Bacteria and tartar will be removed and you will have clean teeth and a fresh breath.
– Put a few oregano leaves in a mug of boiling water, keep them for 5 minutes and let the infusion cool. Then make gargle.
– Cut a cucumber into thin slices and press with it the affected tooth.
– Put a tea bag in frozen water. Apply this frozen bag on the affected area to get rid of the pain.
– Prepare a black pepper and basil leaves paste and apply on the painful area.
– A mouthful of brandy or whiskey can help with a toothache.
– The incense put into the hole of caries kills the nerve.
Image Credits: thesensitivegut.com