Tonsillitis is a condition that occurs when your tonsils become infected. It is often caused both by bacterial and viral infections.
My body is fighting with this condition since childhood (I’m in my 30’s) and it keeps winning, but somehow, my tonsils get infected once every four years. The condition appear suddenly: it starts with hoarse voice pain when swallowing and fever. All these symptoms appear in less than half an hour and they last for almost a week.
Since I was little, the doctor prescribed antibiotics for my inflamed tonsils and I caught some sort of resistance to them. As time goes by, I have to take stronger antibiotics to alleviate my condition. But, last year, when I had another spurt of tonsillitis, I relied on natural remedies to boost my immunity and to alleviate the nasty symptoms of tonsillitis. To my surprise, my body responded very well to natural remedies and the inflammations was gone within 3 days. Of course, I continued with the natural treatment for a week to prevent any relapse.
So, I started gargling with Salty Water…
- Gargling and rinsing with warm salt water can help sooth a sore throat and pain caused by tonsillitis. It can also reduce inflammation, and may even help to treat infections.
- Stir about ½ teaspoon of salt in about 4 ounces of warm water. Stir until the salt is dissolved. Gargle and swish through the mouth for several seconds and then spit it out. You can rinse with regular water. Repeat this procedure several times a day for a week. I used to gargle before each meal.
…then I took the following a bit disgusting but tremendous effective Onion Remedy.
- Blend an onion with half a cup of water.
- Add honey to this and mix well.
- Consume this mixture in small quantities throughout the day.
Onions exhibit natural antibacterial properties that can help in combating the bacteria that cause tonsillitis.So, worth trying this natural bacteria killer.
But, before going to sleep, apply Methylene Blue on your tonsils.
With a Q-Tip dipped in methylene blue, gently rub your tonsils. It may cause you nausea, but this over-the-counter disinfectant, alongside with onions, will kill most of bacteria responsible for tonsillitis. Repeat this procedure every night before bedtime for 1 week.
Don’t Worry! Your pee may have a green color in the morning because of methylene blue.