Those muscle cramps that interrupt our daily routine have as main cause constant strain and physical stress. Regardless the reason of muscle cramps, they cause pain and discomfort.
Muscle cramps are just as a knot that prevents the blood from flowing to all the muscle cells, which leads to toxin build-up. Thus, nerve terminations react and transmit signals to the brain, which is felt as an unpleasant sensation of pain and inflammation.
The affected area appears as a touch-sensitive swelling or when moving.
To treat muscle cramps symptoms you can take analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs, but only under the consent of a doctor.
Fortunately, there are natural remedies for muscle cramps that speed-up healing quickly without causing side effects.
Muscle cramps treatment – Clay and Rosemary
The combination of clay and rosemary is an anti-inflammatory treatment that combats muscle cramps.
- 1 tablespoon of rosemary
- 1 glass of water
- 3 tablespoons of green clay
- 1 teaspoon of hot ointment
Method of preparation:
- Put the water to boil and when it starts to simmer add a spoonful of rosemary and let the mixture drop for 10 minutes.
- Mix the infusion with green clay until you get a creamy paste.
- Apply the remedy to affected areas and let it act for 20 minutes.
- You can wrap the area in plastic wrap.
- Finally, rinse it with warm water and massage the muscle cramp with the hot ointment until it gets deep into the skin.
- Apply the treatment once a day.
Just for the record, muscle cramps can be easily dispersed if you perform several stretches and exercises. The below video will explain how to perform these stretches to get rid of leg cramps: