Wow! Only those who suffered from an ankle sprain can tell how painful it is and uncomfortable, because you will be incapable to walk or move as you wish. Getting rid of an ankle sprain is not that easy, especially if let it heal by nature. Yeah, someone told me to rest and let nature do its job. I fell two weeks ago, and by the way, this article was written while I was resting in bed with a sprained ankle. The pain was excruciating, but luckily I still have a grandmother who applied for several days in a row a natural treatment over my sprained ankle.
It speed-up healing and put me back on my feet in less than a week – 5 days or so!
She said that this ointment is one of the oldest remedies for the ankle sprain and can be used for any contusion or sprain. The treatment is a thick paste mixture that is applied for medical purposes on different parts of the body.
Red clay – has many beneficial properties: it has a healing, anesthetic effect, prevents infection, reduces inflammation and restores muscle the tissue. Its properties are due to the content of vitamins and minerals such as iron.
White vinegar – has a disinfecting action and prevents the formation of bruises on the skin due to its antibacterial properties.
- A mug of red powdery clay (180 g)
- White vinegar
- Plastic foil
- First, put the red clay in a large pot. Then add vinegar gradually, while mixing, enough to obtain a paste.
- Apply the ointment to the skin and wrap the area with a plastic foil, and let to act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this treatment 3 times a day, and in almost 4 days you will be able to walk again.