Most people experience pain or stiffness in their neck due to poor posture or overuse. Often, neck pain is accompanied by tight shoulders, and you don’t have to worry about it because is not a serious condition. You can relieve neck pain in a few days.
Important! If you face with a neck pain for more than a week, accompanied by other symptoms such as numbness and tingling in the arms and shoulders, you should see a doctor.
So, in case you have a stiff and sore neck due to prolong sitting, sleeping in a funny position or jerking your neck during exercises, you are on the right page, reading the right article, because with the help of several natural remedies and stretching, you will get rid of neck pain quickly.
- Nod your head forward and backward for some time and then gradually start nodding from one side to the other.
- Once your muscles feel less tense, slowly turn your head completely towards the left, and then completely towards
- your right. This might hurt a bit, so take it slow.
- Repeat this exercise for at least 20 repetitions.
- Do this exercise every few hours and you’ll find the stiffness in your neck vanish.
Most of the time stress can be the main cause of a stiff and painful neck. As we already know, yoga is the best way in getting rid if stress and relaxing your mind and body. So, by practicing the right yoga techniques you will send stress away along with many aches in your body.
3. Essential Oils
- Mix equal amounts (about 1 teaspoon) of peppermint oil, lavender oil, cypress oil and basil oil.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil and add a few drops of the above oil mixture in it.
- Massage this oil on the neck for a few minutes.
- You can also use these oils individually or make any combination of the oils. Do not forget to dilute it in the carrier oil.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soak a napkin or a tissue in apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the compress over the sore neck and let it act for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure twice a day.
5. Massage Therapy
- Take a hot shower and pat your skin dry.
- Lightly warm up a tablespoon of mustard oil and massage your neck with it.
- Use gentle circular motions for a couple of minutes.
- Apply this remedy in the morning.
6. Ice Pack
- Place the ice cubes inside the towel and place it on the area that is aching.
- Alternatively, you can cool the ice pack and place it on the affected area.
- Place the pack for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat the ice application three to four times in a day.
7. Epsom Salt
- Fill 3/4 of the bathtub with warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt to it.
- Mix the salt in the water and soak in this for 10 to 15 minutes.
8. Neck Collar
- Wrap the collar around your neck and keep it on until the pain subsides.
- At regular intervals, remove the collar and stretch your neck and shoulder muscles.