Shoulder pains are among the most common types of pain we face. Beside that they become chronic sometimes we are useless in fighting the pain. Of course, the best way is to see a doctor, but you can also try some natural remedies and exercises to kill that shoulder pain fast.
Massage with vegetable oils
Massage is one of the most effective remedies for relieving shoulder pain. Thanks to it, the muscles will relax, blood circulation will improve, inflammation will be reduced, and mobility can improve.
Among the most recommended oils for painful shoulder are: olive, coconut, sesame or mustard oil. However, these should not be used if there are open wounds!
How to do massage and aching shoulder:
• Gently warm the oil that you want to use and apply it on the shoulder
• Try to press gently before the massage so the oil to penetrate better in the skin
• Thoroughly massage and apply a slightly warm cloth over the massaged area
• Massage will be done until pain improves or disappears.
The curcumin present in turmeric contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties, ideal to reduce shoulder pain. Don’t use this natural remedy if you take anticoagulant drugs!
To use turmeric respect the following tips:
• Prepare a paste of 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Massage the shoulder with it and let it dry. Remove it with lukewarm water.
• Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric to a cup of milk and put the milk to boil. You can also add honey and drink from this mixture twice a day.
• You can also take turmeric capsules, but not before consulting a doctor.
Just like cold compresses, they are helpful in case of shoulder pain, as they will reduce inflammation. For the best effects, it’s advisable to apply such compresses from the first pain symptoms.
You will proceed as follows: You will fill a special bag of hot water and leave it on your shoulder for about 10-15 minutes. Repeat for a few days in a row.
At the same time, you can take warm showers and let the water flow to the place that hurts for 5-10 minutes. It’s ideal if you could shower twice a day.
Applying a cold compress, shoulder pain can be easier to alleviate because inflammation can be reduced. Take care not to apply such compression directly to the skin as it may cause frostbite.
You will apply a cold compression in the following way:
• Put some ice cubes in a plastic bag and put the bag in a thin towel
• Place the compress on the painful place and repeat the procedure for a few days in a row.
Due to antioxidants, it can reduce inflammation and shoulder pain. Moreover, ginger can also stimulate blood circulation, reducing the feeling of discomfort.
It’s advisable to drink 2-3 cups of ginger tea for several days in a row (you will use a spoonful of ginger sliced to 1 cup of water).
It deserves to be included among the most common remedies for treating shoulder pain, as it also has anti-inflammatory properties.
To use apple vinegar you can choose any of the following:
• Add 2 cups of apple vinegar to a hot tub filled with warm water. You’ll take a bath for 20-30 minutes. Repeat the process for a few days in a row, and twice a day if you can.
• Drink a glass of lukewarm water in which you put a spoon of apple vinegar and a teaspoon of honey. You can try this remedy twice a day.
Daily exercises are indicated in getting rid of shoulder pain and improve mobility. You can watch the next video and try the following exercises for shoulder pain:
As stretching and exercises yoga is very useful in getting rid of shoulder pain. It reduces the pain to zero even after the first practice. I think it’s worth trying, and I choose the best yoga program for shoulder pain: