Phlebitis is a disease that can be triggered at any age. The most serious aspect is that it doesn’t produce any symptoms before it is too late.
In some cases, the condition of the affected area may worsen and blood clots are formed on the veins walls. This triggers thrombophlebitis. The body parts most vulnerable to phlebitis are the arms, legs and shoulders.
Anyhow, you should see a doctor and follow exactly the prescription, and you can also use the following remedies to get rid of this condition.
This trick is simple and it involves the variation of cold and hot compresses to reduce inflammation, relax muscles, and relieve pain.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Apply a hot compress soaked in warm water and let it work for 10 minutes.
- After the indicated time has passed, replace immediately the warm compress with a cold compress and wait for another 10 minutes.
- Continue with this procedure for 30 minutes.
- If the affected region is one of the legs, lift it up to increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
After applying hot/warm compresses, use the following arnica ointment:
- 170 grams of dried arnica flowers
- 2 cups of olive oil (coconut, or any other way)
- ½ cup of beeswax
- ¼ teaspoon of lavender essential oil
- ¼ teaspoon of essential mint oil
Put the arnica flowers, finely chopped, to macerate in olive oil for 3 weeks in a warm place. The flowers must be completely covered with oil. After this infusion period passes, the oil is strained in a pot through a piece of gauze. Put the pot on the fire along with the beeswax and the other essential oils. Stir continuously until it warms up, then take the pot off the fire and let it cool a bit. While is still warm, pour the remedy in small jars and let it harden. Store this arnica ointment in the refrigerator for no longer than 3 months.
How to use?
Apply the arnica ointment over the affected area anytime you think is necessary, because it doesn’t have any side effects.
Image Credits: Shalommama