My husband has a horrible habit: smoking he’s life out! I tied to encourage quitting smoking, but it’s too much for him. This habit controls him and there’s not much to do unless he decides to quit.
I still have hope, because I heard him two nights ago coughing his lungs out. And the coughing lasted until morning. Must’ve been pretty bad for him and I felt so pity for his “condition” that I got up of bed and prepared a natural lung detoxifier to cleanse his lungs from nicotine and tar. I know it won’t have overnight effect, at least it will stop his cough and both get some sleep.
So, I grabbed the following ingredients:
- 1 liter of water
- 400 grams of onion
- 2 tablespoons of powdered turmeric
- 400 grams of sugar
- A ginger root (in the size of a thumb)
Now, the preparation mode:
- Mix the water and the sugar and place the mixture on heat.
- Wait until it starts boiling.
- Chop the ginger and the onions and add them to the water and sugar mixture.
- When the mixture is well boiled, add the turmeric to it and lower the temperature the mixture boils at to medium.
- Let the mixture cook until only one half of the total amount is left in the container.
- Then, strain the remaining mixture and put it in a glass container.
How to administrate:
Well, let the mixture cool a bit at room temperature and take 2 tablespoons of this prep. It’s advisable to continue taking it as it follows:
- 2 tablespoons in the morning
- 2 tablespoons in the evening, before bedtime
This remedy is used by the Amish for common cold and flu symptoms such as coughing. It’s one of the best natural options to cleanse your lungs, especially smoker’s lungs.
Bonus Tip: in case you don’t have some of the above ingredients, you can easily treat smoker’s cough with steam inhalations. Boil some water, add 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil and cover your head with a towel. Inhale the lavender steam for a few minutes then go to bed.