Creating your own body products allows you to control the ingredients you’re applying on your skin. Several companies include ingredients in their products that are considered strong for sensitive skin and is difficult to decipher their properties due to the scientific names. Making your own natural products not only gives you the knowledge of the product you use, but also allows you to customize them to match your unique tastes.
– Epsom salt
– sea salt
– cocoa powder
– vanilla extract
– olive oil
– mixing bowl
– small bowl
– liquid soap
– plain yogurt
– lemon juice
– chamomile tea
– paper towels
1. Put 1 cup of Epsom salt into a large bowl. Pour 1 cup of sea salt and add 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder. Put it aside. Pour 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and olive oil in a small bowl. Combine with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and stir well.
2. Pour the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well. Place the mixture in a baby food jar. Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the water when you take a bath.
3. Create a simple bath salt with 1/2 cup of Epsom salt, 1/2 cup of sea salt, 1/2 cup of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil. Add dried lavender. Mix and store it in a baby food jar. Add a spoon full of this mix to your bath and relax.
1. Mix 1 cup of oats and 2/3 cup of aloe gel. Pour and mix 2 tablespoons of finely ground almonds.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mixture. Stir well.
3. Apply some of the mixture into a loofah. Use it to reach your back. Apply the mixture with circular movements.
4. Let the mixture sit on your back for 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and dry the excess moisture from your skin. Add a layer of aloe gel. Repeat this process once a week.
Scrub for hands and feet
1. Create your own hands and feet scrub. Mix 2 tablespoons of your favorite liquid soap in a bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons of sea salt. Stir until the salt dissolves. Add enough water to make the scrub sparkling.
2. Moisten your hands and feet. Rub the scrub in a circular motion over them. Rub the rough areas and your cuticles. Let the scrub act on your skin for five minutes. Rinse your hands and feet.
3. If necessary, use a moisturizer on your hands and feet. They should feel soft and smooth.
Chamomile tea facial
1. Boil 1 cup of water and pour into a bowl. Add 2 bags of chamomile tea and wait 10 minutes. Pour 1/3 cup of plain yogurt, 1/4 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Mix.
2. In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of warm water. Scrub the mixture on your face and let it act for five minutes.
3. Add the honey mixture on your skin. Dip paper towels or napkins in the tea mixture and place them around the face avoiding the mouth and nostrils. Close your eyes and relax for 20 minutes. Wash the mixture from your face.