Hives, also known as urticaria, is a dermatological affection characterized by red spots on the skin, together with itching and inflammation of the affected area. Chronic hives lasts more than six weeks and creates more discomfort, compared with the acute hives. Fortunately, urticaria is not contagious.
Hives can be caused by allergens, but also by non-allergen factors. The most common causes are certain type of food, medicine, dust, pollen, animal fur, chemical substances, cosmetics, extreme temperatures, sunburns, viral infections, intestinal parasites, lupus, stress, weak immune system or genetics.
This is what you should do if you want to get rid of hives
• Mix together 35 ml of rose water and 25 ml of vinegar and apply it on the affected skin area
• Apply aloe gel on the red spots caused by urticaria
• Mix two teaspoons of curcuma with one cup of water and drink daily until the symptoms disappear
• Crush a papaya fruit and apply it on your skin. This remedy will cool down the area and minimize the discomfort caused by hives
• Boil 7 grams of fresh mint leaves and 25 grams of brown sugar in 175 ml of water. Apply the liquid on your skin once it’s still warm using a cotton pad
• Fill your bathtub with warm water and add ½ cup of oatmeal and ½ cup of baking soda. It will considerably reduce your itching.
You should also take care of which type of food you are eating during your treatment against hives. Try to eat food that has vitamin A, C, E and zinc, like apples, grapes, pineapple, orange and papaya. Warm water with lemon juice will also help your immune system. Avoid salty and sour food until you get rid of urticaria, but also processed food and reduce the meat consumption.